Saturday, January 19, 2013

Meet the Photographer: Donna Von Bruening

It's time for an update on this crazy beautiful painting I'm working on for Whitney and Will.


I've got the scabiosa filled in nicely and the dahlia coming to life.  World's trickiest coloring book I say.

So, how about the person I was so lucky to have capture all of these tiny details for me since I was unable to be in New York to admire this puppy in person....Donna Von Bruening!  She is so talented, kind and supportive.  Take a look:

1.  How long have you been in business?
     13 years

2.  Toot your own horn....what’s your specialty?   
     I photograph weddings almost exclusively.  I believe my work is sincere and reflects the relationships of my couples as well as is flattering. 

3.  Who or what are your favorite subjects to photograph....your dream photo session?
     I love brides - hands down! And my husband..I love photographing him.  My two sons have my number and immediately pose for me so they aren't as spontaneous now. 

4.  Craziest thing you’ve captured on camera?
     A naked groom who was wearing eyeliner.  Completely true. The image was displayed at the reception.  

5.  What do you like about working in the wedding industry?
      I love my clients and the intimacy I have with them. 

6.  What is something you wish your clients knew about your job?
      I wish they knew that I spend an average of 40 hours on their wedding, before and after. 

7.  When you are not working, what are you up to?
      Cooking, hanging with my husband and boys or with my friends. 

8.  Anything new and exciting coming up that we should know about? (either professionally or personally)
      2013 is a year of focus for me so I am honing what I already have and being forever grateful. 











Donna Von Bruening Photographers
http://www.donnavonbruening.com
  • Thank you so much Donna!!!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!


No comments:

Post a Comment