Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Winning Painting!

I started composing this post in a bar down the street from the United Center, 2 1/2 hours before Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals....and I'm finishing it this morning.  What an unbelievable evening for my Chicago Blackhawks!  It's times like this I am truly thankful for my job and the flexibility it allows me.   So, while I sat sipping a beer, I thought I'd introduce you to my next painting and client.....another reason to be thankful for my job: clients like Annie and David.

I met Annie at Indie Wed last year where she fell in love with my work and continued to support me throughout the year by attending FORM.  A year after originally finding me, she booked a painting of her colorful bouquet. She was married this January in Orlando, Florida under sunny skies.


Coming off of a white bouquet, Annie's vibrant flowers are a warm welcome.


There are so many fun textures and color variation in this bouquet.  After much deliberation, Annie and David chose one of my favorite compositions:


This is going to be an awesome 20 x 20 inch painting.  You know that you can always follow my progress on Instagram with Loreen_rose.  I'm usually a couple steps ahead on this site (hint hint, the painting is coming along beautifully).

Finally, one more shout out to the Blackhawks and the good life.  I went to the Art Institute of Chicago yesterday morning with a good friend.  What a wonderful way to start out the day being inspired by old masters.  I highly encourage everyone to see the current exhibit, "Impressionism, Fashion & Modernity".  It was so excellent, and I'm still feeling the inspirational itch...I must go paint!  Ending the day with a Stanley Cup win...couldn't ask for a better day. Let's ride this celebratory wave!  Go Hawks!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see their painting!! I love the composition of her bouquet!! So gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete