It's about time I've given you an update on Jill and Doug's painting. Here's a bonus too….an interview with their amazing photographer, Kate Maxwell. Thanks to Kate for providing me with some pretty spectacular images for this painting!
1. How long have you been in business? I have been a professional photographer for about 4 years. I dropped out of law school and jumped into the wedding industry with both feet! It's been a party!
2. Toot your own horn....what’s your specialty? I am absolutely happiest when I am putting others at ease. It is sometimes no fun being in front of a camera so I do my best to keep everything relaxed and efficient!
3. Who or what are your favorite subjects to photograph....your dream photo session? I love couples - even more on their wedding day than during an engagement session - If that is ok to say! :) They are just filled with joy and that comes through on film! Beautifully happy people = beautiful photos. It just makes my job a cinch!
4. Craziest thing you’ve captured on camera? I am always noticing beautiful things to photograph while I'm driving. And a few times I have whipped out my giant DSLR while in the driver's seat and snapped away one-handed. Probably the most crazy/criminally negligent thing I've done!
5. What do you like about working in the wedding industry? Seriously - the happy people. And getting the family formal portraits done as quickly as possible. Oh, and the CAKE!!
6. What is something you wish your clients knew about your job? That most of it entails sitting on my bum in front of a computer. But that my happiest moments are when I am with them!
7. When you are not working, what are you up to? I fiddle around with all sorts of other hobbies. I LOVE woodworking and hiking. And reading nerdy Sci-Fi novels!
8. Anything new and exciting coming up that we should know about? (either professionally or personally) Because I am living away from Portland (my main wedding network) for a couple of years, I have started a stock photography arm of my business on the side - selling pre-styled stock photos on Etsy. I create beautiful backdrops for graphic artists and web designers to drop their designs onto for a sweet-action professional look in a jiffy! KateMaxShop.etsy.com