Thursday, November 12, 2009

New York Challenge

I've decided to setup a challenge for myself.  I am going to be visiting New York next Friday, November 20th to see a very good friend of mine, Abra.  You'll remember her sister, Alana, whose wedding I worked day-of coordination for.  As a wedding gift to Alana, I was going to give her a painting of her beautiful peony bouquet.  Sadly, the painting has yet to be created.  The "gift" paintings are always put on the back burner for the "client-based" paintings unfortunately.  Since Alana's wedding was back in June, I am way overdue for gift-giving (though I think you have up to a year to give a wedding gift, so maybe I'm ok afterall).



Alana also lives in NY, so I thought that it would be great to bring her her wedding gift after all this time.  So, I am putting my skills to the test this week to see if I can finish her painting in exactly one week with the hopes of some drying time to spare.  I will have to take a short break from Mary's painting.
Above is the composition Abra chose for her sister's painting.  Below is the painting sketched in.  I'm up for the challenge, so let the games begin.....and may the artist win this battle.  Check back for (fingers crossed) daily updates!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment