Monday, October 18, 2010

A Masterpiece!

And, end of day.  Yes, I have finished Katie and Patrick's painting!  55 hours later and this puppy is complete.
I'm very excited about this piece.  For one thing, I love that this painting is being given as a gift to the couple by a group of friends.  I wish more people would do this...not just because it would give me more business, but because I think a gift like this would steer away from the lame registry / awkward cash gift that usually happens at weddings.
Secondly, this bouquet stands out from many of the other pieces that I have done.  It has such a wide variety of flowers and colors that created heavy detail and complexity that I am happy to have in my portfolio collection now.

 A big thanks to the vendors that gave me so much to work with.  Nature's Touch in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan created such a stunning bouquet while Widdis Photography captured it perfectly and provided me with the images to use for the painting.  Since this wedding was in Michigan, and I was not able to attend it, the gift of having such beautiful images of a fabulous bouquet provided for me was priceless.

Congratulations to Katie and Patrick!  I hope your painting is a reflection of the beautiful marriage you will have.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment