Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Head is Spinning

Things are a little crazy busy these days in the Reenie Rose camp.  Despite having not painted in over a month, I have been nonstop since 2012 hit.  When all is said and done, at the end of January I will have participated in 2 important events, been a guest at 4 events, had 15 vendor meetings, been to New York and back, and officially started my first painting of the new year.  It will have been a good month.

So, to catch you up to speed on a couple of things, last week I participated in Thursday Therapy, a monthly networking event among the wedding community, that was held in the Crystal Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.  This was a great opportunity for my peers to have a chance to view my artwork in person... and lots of it too.  I was able to gather 10 of my paintings to showcase for the evening.  A big thank you to all my clients for allowing me to steal back my work in order to share it with others.
Also, a big thank you to Joan of Five Grain Events and Kelly of Fleur for letting Reenie Rose be a part of this evening.  We had such a good time eating, socializing and making some new contacts.

I've got to make one more plug for my 2nd event of the month...Indie Wed.  If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, stop reading and go purchase them HERE.  You are not going to want to miss this event filled with so many goodies:  100 amazing vendors, food tastings, beer pairings, live music, wandering models, free workshops and so much more, this really is THE event to end all wedding events. The show runs from 10am until 4pm this Saturday, January 28th  at the Ravenswood Event Center, 4043 N. Ravenswood Ave. There is plenty of free parking available along Ravenswood Ave or we are just a half block from the 'L'. 
Mom and I have been working on my booth setup, and let me tell you, it is going to be eye-catching!
Finally, what is this business really all about...the PAINTING.  I am going to be starting my first painting of 2012, and it is gorgeous.  
Isn't this just the perfect piece to be working on this time of year?!  The pops of color are going to make these gray days so easy to ignore.  There will be plenty more details to come about this 24 x 24 inch painting.  In the meantime, enjoy this image and go buy your Indie Wed tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment