Thursday, February 27, 2014

Studio Storage Makeover

The Everygirl feature of my apartment is going to be published next month, and I still have a few more projects to share with you beforehand.  You've already seen my painted lamps here and my chalkboard inspiration board here.  Now it's time for one of the easiest projects I did to update my studio.

I had these storage boxes that I got on super sale at Michaels ages ago.


I don't know why I didn't make them over when I got them since my color scheme has never been gold and red diamonds, but anyways... They were still serving a purpose, so rather than hunt down new storage, I expectedly made them over with my favorite supply: paint.



Spray primer-sealer was used to prime the inside of the boxes, but the outside needed a bit more coverage, so I had to go with the Kilz primer and roll it on.



I wanted these boxes to sink into the background of my studio rather than be standout storage, so I painted them the same color as my studio walls.



While putting everything back together with some hot glue, I also added some ribbon to spice things up.  And, voila!


Aren't these cute?!  Nice, clean, subtle storage for my new studio.  I can't wait for you to see them with the full scope of the photo shoot.  Agh!  We'll just have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment