Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My How a Town Has Grown

Sometimes it's nice to step back in time and revisit where you've come from and celebrate it.  What brought you to where you are today and how far have you come?
This coming weekend, I am taking a trip down memory lane, back to my hometown and back to some good old art.  After many years, Lemont is opening its very own Art Center, and I am honored to be a part of it.
I invite everyone to attend the Grand Opening reception this Saturday, September 18th from 7pm-9pm where 2 of my pieces will be exhibited until October 2nd.  I'll post pictures of the event and my pieces at a later date, but I'd much rather have you come out and support how far Lemont has come with their appreciation for the arts.  This is where I grew up and first discovered that I had a smidge of talent.  It's kind of funny how things can come full circle......Lemont was the place where I started my art, and now I'm helping Lemont fuel its own Art Center.  Huh.
The Lemont Center for the Arts is located at 1243 State St., unit 101 in Lemont, Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment