Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What do Puffy Paint, Chalk, and Stickers all have in Common?

I am currently in painting limbo.  I don't have any projects going on, but there's a lot of potential on the way.  So, what is a girl to do whilst she waits for a painting to come her way?  Sleep till noon and and rewatch the whole Sex and the City series...bah!  Not I!  No, I create work for myself....and I catchup on work that I've been wanting to do for ages.

For instance, I originally bought one of those "paint your own" pressed board picture frames from Michaels to paint for my best friend's daughter when she was born.  Well, she just turned one a few weeks ago.  Missed the newborn boat, but not the first birthday one!  I started painting this frame and then scraped the whole design idea and looked to Martha Stewart for inspiration.  Her scrapbooking line is unbelievable.  Some paper and stickers were purchased along with a bottle of trusty old puffy paint, and voila:


Norah's mom liked it, so hopefully Norah comes to appreciate this gift from Auntie Lo.

I've also been expanding my chalkboard art portfolio, but this is all I can show you for now.  You'll have to wait to see the rest when this photo shoot is published!

Finally, I'm also sprucing up my Reeniebeans Etsy store with some new sticker art.  Here's a preview:
Something a little different going on here.  Get ready for some more exciting things....and new paintings soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment