Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christmas Cleanup and Making More Messes

The studio got painted this past weekend, and all I can say is PINK.  I love it and can't wait to show it off in The Everygirl shoot in March.  What I don't love about painting an entire room is all the work that goes into it.  You can't just slap some paint on the walls and call it a day.  No. Even with only painting 3 out of the 4 walls (one wall is my main living room wall, so it was to keep it's same color), everything had to be moved out of this 100 square foot space and taken off the walls.  And, to move everything means that all of the junk that has accumulated in drawers and cabinets must come out as well.  Needless to say, the Poop Cleanup of 2014 evolved into the Studio Explosion of 2014.  Everything is everywhere and in much need of reorganization.  I guess that's the glass half full way of looking at this: mandatory purging.

First Blush by Behr for the studio.  It's a pink palace.
So all this being said, I am behind on much of my life, but that's no big surprise.  Rather than further postponing a project to share, or worse yet, saving it till the end of the year, I'm going to pull it out now.  Maybe some of you are just as behind as I am.

You know all those Christmas cards you get (yes, I said Christmas)?  I personally like to keep some  cards to see how people change over time or to make a note of who has actually sent me a card (naughty/nice list kind of thing;).  Maybe it's a hoarder tendency, but it's pretty harmless for now…especially if it leads to a craft.  In the midst of reorganizing everything, I found that it was finally time to put these cards away…without taking up a bunch of my time.  Easy peasy.

Supplies: Hole punch, ribbon and cards

I like to punch a whole in the corner of the card that doesn't have someone's face in it…unless they are on the naughty list.

String them all on your ribbon and voila, a neat stack of cards stored together.

I'm thinking ahead now for this year…maybe for the 2014 cards I'll make a booklet and put the year on the cover.  Wouldn't that be cute for a coffee table!?  Something you could bring out every year. Ok, everyone send me your Christmas cards now so I can get ahead of the game.  Much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment