Friday, February 17, 2012

Meet the Photographer: Hillary Anne Photography

Thank goodness it's Friday.  I am going into this weekend with a fury of focus to beat Time at it's own game....sketches will be made, projects will be finished and paintings will be on the verge of completion.

Vicky and Tom's painting is really coming along.
I just love how the parrot tulips are popping through!

It's time I introduced you to one of the partners on this project....Hillary Wysong of Hillary Anne Photography.  Hillary is an incredibly talented artist, and when I say artist I mean she has the vision...and the Etsy shop to showcase her work.  I was so lucky to receive a variety of images from Hillary to work with for Vicky and Tom's painting. 

Let's get to know Hillary a little bit....

1. How long have you been in business?
 4+ years
 
2. Toot your own horn....what’s your specialty?  
I love weddings of course, but I LOVE engagement sessions when I really get to know the couple, what is special about them and what has made their relationship turn into the amazing story it is today.
 
3. Who or what are your favorite subjects to photograph....your dream photo session?  
That is tough- but it is hard to beat a sweet, loving couple in a field with some yummy golden light! It always feels like magic!
 
4. Craziest thing you’ve captured on camera?  
There is the craziness that comes with a rowdy crowd at a wedding reception, but the most unusual thing I have shot is a horse 20 feet in front of me in an all out buck- legs almost straight up in the air. It makes me laugh every time I look at the picture.
 
5. What do you like about working in the wedding industry? 
I get to meet the most amazing and talented people, from stylists to artists to d.j.'s who can really get a crowd on the dance floor. Everyone has the same mission- to work hard to help the bride and groom have the most incredible day of their lives. Who doesn't want to be a part of that?
 
6. When you are not working, what are you up to? 
 I love to spend time with my husband, Brian, and my dog, Elle. I enjoy outdoorsy things but can also be a bit of a bookworm.
 
7. What is one thing that’s on your bucket list? 
I love running, and one day I would like to run a marathon.
 
8. Anything new and exciting coming up that we should know about? (either professionally or personally) 
 We are so excited to be expecting the arrival of our first baby in May! I think that qualifies for new and exciting, at least for us. ;-)
 
 
 
 
 This last image is of Vicky and Tom during a "trash the dress" session that Hillary shot.  I absolutely love this idea and think it is such creative outlet for some beautiful photos. No worries folks, Vicky's original wedding dress was not harmed in this process....she used a dress she bought from a resale shop!  Brilliant!  Check out the rest of this photo shoot on Hillary's blog.  Thanks for sharing with us Hillary!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment