Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Allie and Tom Update | Peonies in July

Allie and Tom's wedding went off without a hitch on Saturday...despite the unusually cold July weather.  Take a look at the blushing bride and her parents:


After finishing my last painting and having a mini break, I was awfully anxious to start my next painting.  Over the weekend I put some compositions together, but had to wait to return to Chicago before any paint could hit a canvas.  So yesterday, I finalized a composition and got to work!

Check out the composition:


So beautiful, right!?  I'm still beaming that the lace from Allie's mom's wedding dress fit perfectly into this frame.



Can't wait to start painting tomorrow!

P.S.  Does my background look a little green to you?  Don't adjust your screens, but definitely check back for my reasoning behind this color switch up!


1 comment:

  1. Curious to hear your method!!! So glad you got to be a guest at this one and add something special after the fact! Excited to see how this one turns out.

    ReplyDelete