Monday, June 4, 2012

Meet the Photographer: Shutters Photography

Happy Monday everyone!  This day is just flying by for me.  I want to hit pause so many times to catch up with the time despite my high level of productivity today.  Speaking of productivity, wait till you see what I did this weekend....

Gosh, don't you just want to pick that yellow rose that is front and center!?

This is the perfect time give praises to the person that is making this painting possible....and a dazzling one at that.  I introduce to you Jaclyn and David's photographer, Vanessa of Shutters Photography located near Kansas City, Missouri.


1.  How long have you been in business? I started Shutters in 2007. It was actually prompted as my little brother and sister (who are twins just like myself and my other half) had yet to get senior images taken a month and a half before graduation. Instead of going to a local company like me and my twin had, they asked me to take a hand at doing theirs so it would be more personal. Those sessions prompted more friends of theirs to rush to get theirs done, and before you knew it, I was up and running without really meaning to!

2.  Toot your own horn....what’s your specialty? Hmmmm. If I chose what my specialty was, I’d have to say child portraits and senior sessions. I work really hard to find the personalities of my clients and work those into the shoots. I think kids and seniors are the best at sharing their personalities with you, as long as you give them the opportunity to and perhaps prompt them a bit. Off kilter, fun images are my absolute favorite, as that is really more of my style than the really posed images and I edit them toward the style that I think best fits that client.

3.  Who or what are your favorite subjects to photograph....your dream photo session? My absolute favorite subjects are kiddos. I think little ones, especially those who are used to the camera and know how to ham it up, are absolutely to die for. If you can add in big eyes and perfect weather to the mix, I’m in heaven. I have to say, being a twin and from a family with multiples sets of multiples, my dream session right now includes a vision of a set of triplets either in the chunky baby stages (you know what I’m talking about, the age right before they start really moving when their little thighs are the most squishable) or in the 3-5 age range when they are still super playful with each other.

4.  Craziest thing you’ve captured on camera? I was shooting our local High School’s football team during a game and looked up to see perfect sunset rays just literally beaming across the top of the stadium like it was painted into the sky. I was so worried about capturing it as I just knew it wouldn’t transfer to film as brilliantly as I had witnessed it, but it did! To this day, that is one of my favorite sports shots.

5.  What do you like about working in the wedding industry? I like being able to capture moments that clients might otherwise forget. A wedding takes so long to plan and bring to life, then it seems to fly by in moments, some of which will never be forgotten, but some of which weren’t even noticed by my clients as they were so busy with other details. I love being able to show them or remind them of events that occurred that make their day even more special.

6.  When you are not working, what are you up to? I work full time running the marketing department for Advantage PressurePro. We are the leaders in Tire Pressure Monitoring for commercial applications such as trucks, buses, heavy equipment, etc. It’s pretty neat, as we are the only American Made system in the world and we have a great client and partner base. When I’m not working for Shutters or PressurePro, I also run a summer food assistance program for in-need youth in my town and do other volunteer work putting my photography and marketing skills to use. To unwind, I love riding my motorcycle, spoiling my niece & nephew and hanging out with my family, friends and fiancĂ©.   

7.  What is one thing that’s on your bucket list? I have a looooong bucket list, but one thing on the top of the list is that I want to visit each of the 7 Wonders of the World.

8.  Anything new and exciting coming up that we should know about? (either professionally or personally) I have been frantically trying to get everything caught up and wrapped up, as I have my own wedding next Saturday (May 19th)! Also exciting is news on my website. I have been bad about updating mine - ok, I’ve been horrible, as it hasn’t been updated in years thanks to being so busy – but my new website template is purchased and waiting to be finalized, so fans should watch for it soon!





Love this last one!  Jaclyn's dress looks like it was made out of the petals.  Be sure to visit Vanessa's site to view more of her lovely work.  She was a complete delight to work with and made my job of acquiring photos easy peasy!  Thanks Vanessa!

Vanessa Zaroor
info@shuttersphotography.net
Harrisonville, MO
816-591-2950

No comments:

Post a Comment