Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Which Flowers are in Season for Summer?

It's August 1st.  Where is the time going?  Wasn't I just posting about fireworks like weeks ago?  Well yes, approximately 4 weeks ago according to the calendar.  Rather than dwell on the days that have passed, Geena, my intern, has put together a colorful guide to the flowers that shine during these summer months.  Let's enjoy these warm days while we have them!!


Using fresh flowers that are in season for wedding bouquets and decorations is the most economical choice and often the freshest. The following list is the availability of suitable flowers for June, July and August. I haven't heard of some of these flowers so I searched them and they are absolutely beautiful!

My personal favorite would be the Sunflower because it reminds me of summer with the gorgeous color of yellow!

A flower that I never heard of and think is interesting was the Cosmo flowers. They come in many different summery colors but the picture below with the hint of pink is my favorite. Not only do I think they're beautiful,  but I think the name is catchy...why not have your favorite drink be part of your wedding bouquet too! ;)


- June | July | August -


  • Asiatic lily ... 
  • Black-eyed Susan.... 
  • Cosmos... 
  • Delphiniums ....  
  • Gladioli... 
  • Columbine .... 
  • Larkspur... 
  • Rose ... 
  • Clematis... 
  • cockscomb... 
  • Daisy... 
  • Sunflower... 
  • Viburnum...
  • Zinnia...

No comments:

Post a Comment